The Vladimir Spivakov International Charity Foundation is a non-for-profit organization founded in May 1994 on the initiative of the world-famous violinist, conductor and public figure Vladimir Spivakov. The Foundation’s diverse activities are aimed at providing support to young talents in arts and creating favorable conditions for their professional growth.
The Foundation’s geography covers more than 350 cities in Russia: from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok, from Murmansk to Sevastopol.
Young musicians get the chance to perform in the best halls of Russian capital, other cities, inter alia regional philharmonic halls, and CIS countries.
For several generations, the stars of classical music of the XXI century have been proudly writing about themselves as a “Scholar of the Vladimir Spivakov Foundation”, the name of the Foundation has become a symbol of culture and charity in Russia.
Representative offices of the Foundation:
- Foundation HQ in Moscow;
- The Vladimir Spivakov Charity Foundation for Assistance in Development of Talents and Professional Skills of Youth in the Republic of Bashkortostan, Ufa;
- Foundation Branch “Verkhnevolzhye” in Tver;
- Foundation Branch in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region;
- Foundation Branch in Armenia and Uzbekistan.
Every year the Foundation organizes:
- More than 390 concerts all over Russia for 1,500 young talents, including scolars with limited mobility. The Foundation scolars gain unique performance experience by regularly acting in concerts of the Moscow Virtuosos State Chamber Orchestra and the National Philharmonic Orchestra of Russia conducted by Maestro Vladimir Spivakov;
- Tutorial and academies by leading professors from Russia and neighboring countries for young talents in music;
- More than 150 international art exhibitions, including personal ones. The Foundation regularly publishes catalogues with works by young artists;
- Program of monthly and one-time scholarships for about 150 children, including musicians, artists, and masters in chess and mathematics.
In total, for over more than 28 years the Foundation:
- Organized more than 16,000 concerts in Russian cities;
- Held at least 1,100 art exhibitions;
- Issued 18 catalogues with works by young artists;
- Donated more than 850 musical instruments;
- Granted scholarships to more than 5,000 talented children;
- Provided social and professional assistance for more than 20,000 children;
- Organized medical assistance for about 800 kids, as well as 190 surgical operations.
With the support of the Foundation:
- Children with limited mobility were able to show their skills on the best stages of Moscow and other Russian cities;
- Young talents underwent medical examination in leading clinics in Moscow, Moscow region, St. Petersburg;
- Young artists from Russia, Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Belarus presented their work at exhibitions, including personal ones;
- Material and creative assistance is provided to talented musicians from Lugansk and Donetsk regions.
Key Projects of the Foundation:
- The International Festival “Moscow Meets Friends” is headliner, the largest and most significant project of the Foundation since 2004. More than 40,000 children have already taken part in the festival. Young talents get the opportunity to perform in prestigious concert halls in Moscow and the region.
- Socially significant project “Hear the call of Future”, which includes the author’s programs “Children to children”, “Children on the sidelines”, “Light of Hope”, “Children in trouble”, “Ecology of the soul” and others. The project covers concerts, art exhibitions of scholars and participants of programs for children from orphanages, orphans and the disabled. Concerts were held in 64 colonies for juvenile delinquents. Young musicians perform in hospitals, hospices, boarding houses for the elderly, for veterans and invalids of the Second World War, veterans of the stage, etc.
- “Children for Children” project regional academies give the children have opportunity to become participants in master classes by famous professors and artists from Russia and neighboring countries, inter alia:
- Cultural and educational project “Academy of the Vladimir Spivakov Foundation”. “Children to Children”. Tatarstan (4 academies);
- Cultural and educational project “Academy of the Vladimir Spivakov Foundation” “Children for Children”, Sakhalin;
- Cultural and educational social project “Academy of the Vladimir Spivakov International Charitable Foundation in the Krasnodar Territory”, p. Shepsi, Tuapse district.
- “I want to be a musician.” Young musicians, the Foundation scholars, perform on the stage of the Rachmaninov Hall of the Moscow State Conservatory named after P. I. Tchaikovsky.
- A project of online master classes by leading professors of educational institutions in Moscow. Master classes are available to everyone on the YouTube channel of the Vladimir Spivakov International Charity Foundation.
- Recordings of concerts of the best music schools in Russia were published on the YouTube channel of the Foundation: music schools in Perm, Novosibirsk, Omsk, Yekaterinburg and others.
Regular performances in Russian philharmonics:
- Seasons “Caravan of infinity… Jazz, blues, folk and classical. Philharmonic Debut” on the stage of the Chamber Hall of the Moscow State Academic Philharmonic;
- Seasons “Children to Children”, “Hear the call of Future”, “Friends meet again” in the Chamber Hall of the Moscow International House of Music;
- “The Vladimir Spivakov International Charity Foundation scolars” in the Small Hall of the Zaryadye Concert Hall;
- “Her Majesty – Music” – performances of the Foundation scolars in the Yaroslavl region towns (Yaroslavl, Uglich, Rostov, Borisoglebsk, Myshkin, Tutaev) together with the Yaroslavl State Philharmonic;
- Seasons “The Vladimir Spivakov International Charity Foundation presents…” in the Organ Hall of the city of Naberezhnye Chelny;
- Seasons “Children to children”, “Hear the call of Future” in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Voronezh, Yekaterinburg, Kostroma, Novosibirsk, Omsk, Perm, Kazan and other cities of Russia.
The Foundation takes an active part in the projects of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation. The Foundation collaborates with leading public and charitable organizations, such as OPRD (Society for Helping Russian Children), the program “Meeting Place for Good Deeds” by Sberbank Together project, the “Rukhiyat Spiritual Revival Fund”, the Charitable Foundation “Art, Science and Sports”, the program “For ALL” from KiVi, the Konstantin Khabensky Charitable Foundation, the Foundation for the Support of the Deaf-Blind “Connection” and in other charitable projects.
The Foundation talents regularly perform in hospitals and other medical institutions throughout Russia. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Foundation management was constantly in touch with leading clinics. The Foundation participates in providing emergency medical care and medicines to both the Foundation scolars and all those in need, as well provides all possible support to clinics financing medicines and equipment.
Since the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic, the Foundation has implemented online project “Together against trouble” on its social media websites publishing video messages of support and gratitude from more than 500 instrumentalists, vocalists, dance groups, mentors, doctors, artists from many countries of the world, representatives of various Russian and international organizations, including the UN. The online marathon “Together against trouble” became a motivation for the participants to improve their form, to master modern technologies of broadcasting and sound transmission.
As the results of the marathon many young musicians were invited to participate in concert programs and other international online projects of the Foundation.
In particular, several video concerts for socially vulnerable children in hospitals, hospices, orphanages, refugee camps around the world were formed on the basis of the performances of the online marathon “Together against trouble”.
In cooperation with the Doctor Lisa’s Fair Aid Foundation, the Vladimir Spivakov International Charity Foundation helps refugees, including child musicians and their families from the Lugansk Public Republic and Donetsk Public Republic.
International Festival “Moscow Meets Friends”
More than 700 talents applied to participate in the XIX “Moscow Meets Friends” Festival. Of these, more than 450 talented children from 100 regions of Russia and more than 25 countries have been selected to participate in concerts and exhibitions. These are instrumentalists, vocalists, reciters, dance and choral groups, circus studios, artists, orchestras and conductors.
The festival will cover not only “live” concerts in Moscow and the Moscow region, but also online concerts, which will be attended by young performers from distant regions of Russia. There will also be online master classes and consultations of instrumentalists of leading teachers and professors of educational institutions in Moscow. An online exhibition of works by young artists will be published on the foundation’s channels.
One of the most important emotional moments of the festival since 2014 is the presentation of the “Mercy” prize for serving the ideals of humanism. Among the laureates of previous years are Leo Bokeria, Leonid Roshal, Evgeny Mironov, Mikhail Kusnirovich, Naina Yeltsina, Eugene Chaplin, etc.
The XIX “Moscow Meets Friends” festival is expected to award two laureates of the “Mercy” award.
During the festival, according to a well-established good tradition, the Foundation gives nominal scholarships to talented children. This year, much-needed scholarships will also be given to festival participants from the Lugansk Public Republic and Donetsk Public Republic. Every year, the Foundation’s wards receive donations of musical instruments and accessories that young performers need for development and professional growth.