International Charity Foundation was founded in May 1994 by the outstanding contemporary musician Vladimir Spivakov. The main goal of the Foundation is professional support of young talents in art and creation of the conditions for their development.
The geography оf the Foundation covers more than 300 cities in Russia, as well as over 50 countries abroad.
During 28 years of the Foundation’s work:
- About 15 thousand concerts were organized in Russia and abroad, with participation of State Chamber Orchestra “Moscow Virtuosos” and the Russian National Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Vladimir Spivakov.
- 1100 art exhibitions were held; 20 catalogs with works of young artists were published.
- Organized more than 100 masterclasses with the best professors in the world from Russia, Switzerland, Italy, United Kingdom, France, Israel, Germany, Canada, Belgium, Spain, the USA and other countries.
- Every year 95 people become scholarship holders of the Foundation, more than 1500 participated in the programs of the Foundation, 800 are laureates of international competitions and festivals.
- For many years scholarships have been awarded to especially gifted children (not only musicians and artists, but also children who achieved high results in chess and mathematics).
- More than 850 musical instruments were donated.
- More than 20,000 children received assistance (in the form of grants – for the purchase of musical instruments, concert dresses, travel expenses for participation in international competitions and festivals, etc.).
- Funds were allocated for the medical examination of 600 people and assistance was provided for more than 130 surgical operations.
- Assistance is provided to orphans and disabled children.
The following significant and major projects occupy an important place in the annual calendar of the Foundation:
- International Festival “Moscow Meets Friends”. More than 33 000 children have already taken part in it since 2004.
- Foundation has a socially significant project “Hear the Future Call”, which includes such programs as “Children for Children”, “Children on the Sidelines”, “Light of Hope”, “Children in Need”, “Ecology of the Soul” and others. Concerts, art exhibitions of scholarship holders and participants of the Foundation’s programs are held for children from orphanages, orphans, children with disabilities and prisons for juvenile offenders (concerts held in 64 colonies in Russia). Concerts are held in hospitals, hospices and veteran’s centres.
- “Caravan of infinity… Jazz, blues, folk and classical. Philharmonic debut”.
- “I want to be a musician” – performances by young musicians – Spivakov Foundation’s scholarship holders in the Rachmaninov Hall of the Moscow State Conservatory named after P. I. Tchaikovsky.
- “Her Majesty – Music” – performances by the Foundation’s scholars in the cities of the Yaroslavl region (Yaroslavl, Uglich, Rostov, Borisoglebsk, Myshkin, Tutaev) together with the Yaroslavl State Philharmonic.
- Concert series “The Vladimir Spivakov International Charitable Foundation Presents…” in the Organ Hall of Naberezhnye Chelny.
- Concert series “CHILDREN TO CHILDREN”, “Hear the future call” “Friends meet again” in the Chamber Hall of the Moscow International House of Music, as well as in St. Petersburg, Kursk, Kazan, Tver, Yekaterinburg, Perm, Kostroma, Omsk, Voronezh, and other cities of Russia.
- a series of programs in the Small Hall of the Zaryadye Concert Hall.
- “Academy of the V. Spivakov Foundation “Children for Children” in Almetyevsk, Ufa and Sakhalin.
- cultural and educational social project “Academy of the International Charitable Foundation V. Spivakov in Krasnodar”.
The Foundation takes an active part in the projects of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation. V. Spivakov’s Charity foundation held five shifts at the Sirius Educational Center and in Artek, constantly cooperates with leading public and charitable organizations: the “Meeting Place for Good Deeds” program by “SberVmeste”, the Society for Helping Russian Children, the Spiritual Revival Foundation “Rukhiyat”, Charitable Foundation “Art, Science and Sport”, National Medical Research Center for Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Immunology named after Dmitry Rogachev, Foundation for the Support of the Deafblind “Connection”, etc.
The Vladimir Spivakov Foundation constantly cooperates with charitable organizations that help special children, including the Downside Up Charitable Foundation, Inva Studios in Krasnodar and the Nizhnelomovsky Orphans and Disabled Home in the Penza Region, which work with seriously ill children. Foundation provides help for children with hemophilia, dyslexia, autism and other illnesses.
Representative offices of the Fund in Russia:
- Vladimir Spivakov Charitable Foundation for Assistance in the Development of Talents and Professional Skills of Youth in the Republic of Bashkortostan, Ufa.
- Charitable Foundation of Vladimir Spivakov “VERKHNEVOLZHIE”, Tver.
- In St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region.
in Armenia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Uzbekistan and Estonia.
This year, the XIX International Festival “Moscow Meets Friends” will be held under the motto “Born Again” and will be dedicated to people who survived the fight against the pandemic and continue to live and be creative. This will logically echo the motto of the XVIII Festival “to the Defendants of Life!”, dedicated to doctors who fought and continue to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
In March 2020, a Lockdown regime was announced in Moscow. The Vladimir Spivakov Foundation accepted the challenge of the Pandemic and was one of the first to announce a bold non-standard solution – the creation of an online platform “Together Against Trouble!”. Participants from 52 countries of the world supported the initiative and sent a record number of applications for participation in our projects.
Despite the Pandemic raging in the country, in December 2020, the XVII International Festival “Moscow Meets Friends” took place. Russian virtuosos played in empty halls, but they were heard in the most remote corners of our planet. Performances by foreign participants from 55 countries were broadcast online. The light of hope has entered the homes of people all over the world.